Since 1983 Austin Auction Gallery has successfully partnered with individuals, executors, and trustees to market fine art, antiques, and other estate items. Austin Auction offers a knowledgeable staff and large state of the art auction facility which combine to maximize the return on your merchandise. Whether you need to liquidate individual items or a complete estate Austin Auction offers a turnkey solution to your estate dispersal needs.
- The first step is to contact Austin Auction with your estate or consignment needs. This can be done either by email at email@example.com or by phone at 512-258-5479. Your items will then be evaluated based on historic sales and current market conditions.
- After an agreement has been reached to sell your merchandise Austin Auction can arrange to have your estate professionally packed and transported to our 25,000sq ft auction facility.
- Each lot (a single item or a group of items) is then assigned an inventory number that can be followed throughout the auction process. All lots are cleaned, minor repairs are made, and a professional presentation is made.
- In the case of items that are selected for placement in one of our cataloged auctions, further research is done for more precise identification and current market valuation. This research is done through the use of our extensive library and subscription services and may include consultation with an outside expert. Each item is then photographed and a high and low estimate of sale price is determined with the opening bid being at least half of the low estimate. This information is then used to generate a catalog that is available to buyers worldwide via the internet.
- A marketing plan will be established which may include advertising in local, national, and when appropriate, international publications. Austin Auction Gallery also will access its large databases of proven auction buyers by direct mail and email, and make phone calls to specific collectors and dealers.
Settlement of auction proceeds will take place within 30 business days of the auction. We must receive payment from the buyer before a lot will be considered sold. Settlement will include a record of each lot offered by inventory number and its’ individual sales price.
Austin Auction Gallery and its experienced staff stand committed to making your estate dispersal a smooth and efficient process.